Near PBEL City, Ramdev Guda, Ibrahim Bagh, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500031 +91-4065581555
This hill top monument is believed to belong to Taramati, a courtesan of Sultan Abdullah Qutub Shah. Constructed in an elegant way on the banks of Musi River, there are number of tales that surround this mystic place. The pavilion has 12 doorways and has an open air auditorium with a capacity of 1600 people. The Sultan is believed to be mesmerised by the singing and dancing of sisters Taramati and Premavati and built this palace for them. The naturally air-cooled, well-ventilated hallways are a dynamic construction of that time. The 7-acre heritage monument is set amidst lush green lawns and backdrop of Golconda fort.
Last verified on 10 August 2014 LIKE