The old buildings and the restaurants make a wonderful sight for the tourists which can be best enjoyed by opting for the cruise.
No parking charges.
Unlimited boats for adventure.
Ticket price: none (however, a token amount is charged for the boat rides)
Time taken to see the place: depends upon the type of cruise chosen as per choice.
Normally a couple of hours are enough to have a quick visit of the canals.
Open time: 24x7 (except for the time when the canals remain closed for maintenance for a day or two every week)
Van Gogh Museum
- During the time of renovation, the paintings and other artefacts are taken to a nearby hall and showcased to the tourists. - Open time: 10 am. Except during the time of renovation and on certain holidays - Close time: 6 pm - Ticket price: €14 per adult and no entry charges for children below the age of 16 and for the Amsterdam Card holders. - Time taken to see the place: Considering the fact that this tourist attraction is one of the hugest in the world encompassed with creative wonders by legendary artists; it will take a few hours depending upon your interest level as well.
- This church houses the tombs of a few famous people and amongst them are, Madam Saskia van Uylenberg who was the wife of Rembrandt and the famous composer Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck - Open time: 10 am. All days of the week, except on Sundays (on that day, the church opens from 1 pm) Close time: 5 pm. - Ticket price: It will be €5 per head, €4 per couple and for students, card holders and children below 13 years of age, its free. For a guided tour, you have to pay €7 per person. - Time taken to see the place: a guided tour of the place starts off every 30 minutes and it takes about an hour to see the church and its most interesting corners.
Cours Saleya Flower Market
Highly appreciated are the preparations of the maestro cooks, for example bouillabaisse- which is a carefully seasoned fish stew that was started here in the south of France.
Church Of St Nicholas
- Open time: 11.00 am weekdays, 12.00 pm Mondays and Saturday - Close time: 4.00 pm weekdays, 3.00 pm Mondays and Saturdays, Sunday closed
- Along with watching the animals and trees and fishes, you can go to the planetarium to enjoy the journey of evolution. Go to the library as well. - Close time: 6 pm from 1 April to 31 October and 5 pm from 1 November to 31 March - Ticket price: one has to pay EUR 15.50 for children between the age of 3 and 9, above10 to 64 years the ticket is EUR 18. 95 and for senior citizens it is EUR 17.50 - Time taken to see the place: as long as you want to take until sunset
You can enjoy this place very much with caution.
Close time: none, however you should not roam alone after dark
Ticket price: no charges to enter the park and you can even enjoy free music concerts at the open air theatre there.
Time taken to see the place: you can explore the things within an hour or you can spend your whole day watching people and enjoying your time relaxing and in any way you want.
- there are different kinds of entertainment available within the park. Artificial hill, lakes, swimming pools, water sports, open air theatre and many such things that you can enjoy. - Close time: the area is not closed in the true sense of the term, but going there after dark may not be completely safe. - Time taken to see the place: It depends upon you and your interests.
Albert Cuyp Market
- You can buy things you want and all the things available here are fresh and of good quality. - Close time: about 5 pm from Monday to Saturday, but the market can close early due to bad weather and winter. - Ticket price: it is completely free to the people - Time taken to see the place: depends upon your interest, shopping spirit and the list things that you want to buy. For window shopping, one hour is enough to see the market
Photography and filming are not allowed.
Security check is mandatory and you cannot take big bags with you.
Open time: 9 am. Open on all 7 days a week, since 13th April, 2013
Close time: 5 pm and the ticket counter closes at 4.30 pm
Ticket price: € 15 is the entry fee for the adults to the museum. No entry charges for tourists of 18 years and less.
Time taken to see the place: It depends upon your preference and choice.
If you want to explore every nook and corner of the museum, then you will need weeks. On the other hand, if you just want to go through the collection, then a few hours of time will be enough.
Anne Frank House
- The last admittance is 30 minutes before closing. - Tourists are not allowed to take photographs or films - Close time: 9 pm during the weekdays. Between 15th March to 14th September, on Saturdays, the building is open until 10 pm in the night. In the months of July and August, it is open until 10 pm in the night and from September 15th to 14th March 7 pm in the evening. - Ticket price: for people above 18 it is EUR 8.50, between 10 – 17 years old it is EUR 4 and below 10 years, admittance is free
Science Centre Nemo
- Close time: 5 pm every day, except Monday, because the museum remains closed on that day. - Ticket price: EUR 13.50 per person. If you want to go as a team, then it is better to contact the museum authorities first. - Time taken to see the place: it will depend entirely on you, but to enjoy everything and learn things a few hours are needed. - If you are thinking about going on a picnic which is full of fun and knowledge, then you can come here easily and enjoy your time.
- The interesting fact about this place is that a lot of single women live here till date and the tourists are required to maintain silence as a gesture of respect to their lives of solitude. - Time taken to see the place: if you have a contemplative inclination, then you may take a whole day to see the place. Otherwise in general, an hour should be sufficient.
- Do not get startled or intimidated by the sights you see. All establishments are government regulated and completely safe.