The old buildings and the restaurants make a wonderful sight for the tourists which can be best enjoyed by opting for the cruise.
No parking charges.
Unlimited boats for adventure.
Ticket price: none (however, a token amount is charged for the boat rides)
Time taken to see the place: depends upon the type of cruise chosen as per choice.
Normally a couple of hours are enough to have a quick visit of the canals.
Open time: 24x7 (except for the time when the canals remain closed for maintenance for a day or two every week)
Anne Frank House
- The last admittance is 30 minutes before closing. - Tourists are not allowed to take photographs or films - Close time: 9 pm during the weekdays. Between 15th March to 14th September, on Saturdays, the building is open until 10 pm in the night. In the months of July and August, it is open until 10 pm in the night and from September 15th to 14th March 7 pm in the evening. - Ticket price: for people above 18 it is EUR 8.50, between 10 – 17 years old it is EUR 4 and below 10 years, admittance is free
- This church houses the tombs of a few famous people and amongst them are, Madam Saskia van Uylenberg who was the wife of Rembrandt and the famous composer Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck - Open time: 10 am. All days of the week, except on Sundays (on that day, the church opens from 1 pm) Close time: 5 pm. - Ticket price: It will be €5 per head, €4 per couple and for students, card holders and children below 13 years of age, its free. For a guided tour, you have to pay €7 per person. - Time taken to see the place: a guided tour of the place starts off every 30 minutes and it takes about an hour to see the church and its most interesting corners.
Church Of St Nicholas
- Open time: 11.00 am weekdays, 12.00 pm Mondays and Saturday - Close time: 4.00 pm weekdays, 3.00 pm Mondays and Saturdays, Sunday closed
- Along with watching the animals and trees and fishes, you can go to the planetarium to enjoy the journey of evolution. Go to the library as well. - Close time: 6 pm from 1 April to 31 October and 5 pm from 1 November to 31 March - Ticket price: one has to pay EUR 15.50 for children between the age of 3 and 9, above10 to 64 years the ticket is EUR 18. 95 and for senior citizens it is EUR 17.50 - Time taken to see the place: as long as you want to take until sunset
Cours Saleya Flower Market
Highly appreciated are the preparations of the maestro cooks, for example bouillabaisse- which is a carefully seasoned fish stew that was started here in the south of France.
Van Gogh Museum
- During the time of renovation, the paintings and other artefacts are taken to a nearby hall and showcased to the tourists. - Open time: 10 am. Except during the time of renovation and on certain holidays - Close time: 6 pm - Ticket price: €14 per adult and no entry charges for children below the age of 16 and for the Amsterdam Card holders. - Time taken to see the place: Considering the fact that this tourist attraction is one of the hugest in the world encompassed with creative wonders by legendary artists; it will take a few hours depending upon your interest level as well.
Photography and filming are not allowed.
Security check is mandatory and you cannot take big bags with you.
Open time: 9 am. Open on all 7 days a week, since 13th April, 2013
Close time: 5 pm and the ticket counter closes at 4.30 pm
Ticket price: € 15 is the entry fee for the adults to the museum. No entry charges for tourists of 18 years and less.
Time taken to see the place: It depends upon your preference and choice.
If you want to explore every nook and corner of the museum, then you will need weeks. On the other hand, if you just want to go through the collection, then a few hours of time will be enough.
- Admission is reserved for people over the age of sixteen only.
- The interesting fact about this place is that a lot of single women live here till date and the tourists are required to maintain silence as a gesture of respect to their lives of solitude. - Time taken to see the place: if you have a contemplative inclination, then you may take a whole day to see the place. Otherwise in general, an hour should be sufficient.
- You will have two glasses of beer at the end of the tour. - Close time: from Monday to Thursday 7.30 pm, Friday to Sunday 8.30 pm and from 24th to 31 December, 4 pm. The last person is admitted about 2 to 2.30 hours before the closing time. - Ticket price: for an adult and a minor over the age 16 it is EUR 18, for an adult and a minor between 8 and 15 it is EUR 14 and minors below 8 are free. Online ticket will cost EUR 16.
Do find out the timings for recitals and make it a point to pre book your tickets as the demand for recital tickets are quite high throughout the year.
You can enjoy this place very much with caution.
Close time: none, however you should not roam alone after dark
Ticket price: no charges to enter the park and you can even enjoy free music concerts at the open air theatre there.
Time taken to see the place: you can explore the things within an hour or you can spend your whole day watching people and enjoying your time relaxing and in any way you want.
- Do not get startled or intimidated by the sights you see. All establishments are government regulated and completely safe.
- If you want the essence of love and romance to reach onto further heights, then the best time to visit the bridge would be in the evening. It is decorated with loads of light which add to the charm of the place. - Close time: none, except the time of renovation and when the bridge is pulled up
The Brown Cafes
- If you want to eat, then you can go there. If you want to enjoy a drink or two with an exhibition, you can go there. - Open time: early hours of the morning - Close time: late in the night (excluding couple of hours post midnight, the cafes are open 24X7) - Ticket price: none, you have to only pay for the food - Time taken to see the place: depending upon your level of attraction to the place.
Waterlooplein Flea Market
- will depend on your shopping spree and interests, but a couple of hours should suffice. - Ticket price: there isn’t anything like this, admission is completely free and unless you are buying anything, the visit will be almost free as well. - Open time: 9 am from Monday to Friday, 8.30 am on Saturday - Close time: 5.30 pm from Monday to Saturday
Theo Thijssen Museum
- If you are really into Dutch literature or want to visualize Amsterdam a century ago through the eyes of a popular writer, then this place will be perfect. - considering that the museum is not all that vast in area, an hour or two should be enough to explore the place.
- You have to book for the tour one week in advance over the phone or through an agent - Open time: 10 am from Monday to Saturday, on Sunday 1 pm - Close time: 5 pm from Monday to Sunday (it remains closed on 1st January and 30th April) - Ticket price: EUR 6 for the adults, for children between the age 5 and 18 it is EUR 4 and for children below the age of 4, it is free. There are tours of the museum available at EUR 32 per person and there are separate tours available for the children.
- You can enjoy here as much as you want, but you need to be careful enough. - Time taken to see the place: as per your choice. You can explore everything out there and take a few hours or you can just take a look for half an hour. - Open time: it is open 24x7, though all of the attractions are not always available.
- there are different kinds of entertainment available within the park. Artificial hill, lakes, swimming pools, water sports, open air theatre and many such things that you can enjoy. - Close time: the area is not closed in the true sense of the term, but going there after dark may not be completely safe. - Time taken to see the place: It depends upon you and your interests.